Who doesn’t love a furry 4 legged pet in their house? They are so cute and playful. Cats or dogs are the best possible way to have a company in your life. Unfortunately, our pet friends can create a lot of problems in our house too, especially if you are living in a city house. The unpleasant smell from their toilet, the pet hairs these all can be a serious problem. For this, many people even suffer from severe allergy problems.
All of these problems can easily solve if you use a great air purifier. An air purifier can help you a lot to filter out this odor and can clean all the dirt from your home. Using an air purifier is the best way to have a healthy environment where you and your pet can breathe easily. If you are having serious pet allergies then it is high time you should start using an air purifier for your home. Pet allergies can result in itchy or water eyes, runny noses, headaches and more. If you don’t have any allergy issues but you are bothered by the odor then again you should use an air purifier.
There are many options for the pet owners when they will go to buy an air purifier. According to your problems and needs, you will find a lot of options available in the market. With so many options comes confusion. Therefore, we have come up with this article where you will get to know about the best air purifier for pets. Before you look out for the best air purifier for pets first have a look on some of the types of air purifiers that are good for pet owners.
- First, you should look out for an air purifier which comes with a true HEPA filter. A HEPA filter is designed in such a way which works best for odor and allergy issues. HEPA technology is known as the best technology to remove the bad odor from your house and it can also capture 99.97% of air particles including the pet hair. So, whenever you are going to buy an air purifier for your pets go for a HEPA filter included air purifier.
- Next, look out for an activated carbon filter. Activated carbon filter can eliminate the danger of airborne molds. The carbons of the filter remove different elements from the air and make it fresh.
- Then there are UV technology air purifiers also. These air purifiers are also very effective to catch the germs and viruses that float in the air. This type of air purifiers is also very cost effective and more economic friendly. This is not the best option for pet owners nut if you are in the budget then you can try out this.
- Lastly, there are ion bases air purifiers which are again very good to remove air pollutants. This type of air purifier uses negative and positive charged plates to catch the air dirt. As the ion bases, air purifiers don’t use any filters these are more cost friendly.
Basically, there are these for types of air purifiers which you can look for. The first two filter air purifiers are the best type of air purifiers for pet owners. However, if you want something more convenient then you can go for the third and fourth options.
Now when you have got to know about the types of air purifiers, it’s time to find out the best air purifier for pets. Here is the list of the best air purifier for pets.
- Rabbit Air MinusA2 SPA-700 A
- Alen BreatheSmart
- Germ Guardian AC5250PT 3 in 1 Air Purifier
- Oransi OV200 Air Purifier
- Winix 5300-2 Air Purifier
- Winix WAC9500 Ultimate Pet Air Purifier
- AeraMax 300 Air Purifier
- Levoit LV-PUR 131 Air Purifier
- IQAIR’S HealthPro Plus Air Purifier
- O-Ion B-1000 Air Purifier
— Best Air Purifier for Pets Reviewed —
Our first pick for the Best Air purifiers for pet is the Rabbit Air MinusA2 air purifier. If you do a little research on air purifiers you will find out that the Rabbit air purifiers have always maintained a good impression among its customers. This air purifier is nothing different. The Rabbit Air MinusA2 is an amazing air purifier with great technology which works best to deodorize your room and to purify it.
It can purify a room up to 700 square feet which means a medium to a large sized room. It comes with a true BioGS HEPA filter that has six stages of purification. With this air purifier, you will be also able to customize the filter options. There are four different option, germ defense, pet allergy, odor remover and toxin absorber. So you can see there are already specific options for pet owners which have made this air purifier a great purchase.
The Rabbit Air MinusA2 has got a nice slim design which is really easy to clean and easy to use.To clean the air purifier you just need to vacuum it once or twice in a month. If you worried about the replacements of the filters then you have nothing to worry about this purifier. The filters need to be changed in every two years. So, you can understand this is also a very cost-efficient air purifier.
This air purifier has got almost all the advanced features with a 5 year warranty period. This air purifier has an auto mode that turns on the air purifier whenever the device detects air pollutants.
- Extra options available for pet owners.
- It has also got ionizer.
- Less noisy.
- The instruction booklet is not that clear.
- Price is a little bit high.
Next, in our Best Air Purifiers for pet we have got another amazing air purifier, it is the Alen BreatheSmart. This air purifier has its own popularity when it comes to removing smells from your room. This is a very powerful air purifier for your allergies. It is an interesting device which can be customized in different colors. Not only the color but you will also have 4 different options of filtration technologies.
The Alen BreatheSmart air purifier is a high-end air purifier. Though it does not come with a true HEPA filter you don’t need to worry about its performance. Instead of the normal HEPA filter this air purifier uses its own built-in HEPA Odor-cell Filter. This technology is specifically built for the pet owners who have problems with the odor or suffering from allergies.
The coverage area of this air purifier is great. It can cover an area up to 1100 square feet which means it can cover any large spaces. It has got some great features like the Smart Sensor technology. This feature will automatically detect the air quality and will adjust the filters. This feature has made this air purifier easy to use and more energy efficient.
Therefore, if you really want to make your house allergy free and odor free this air purifier is a great option for you. With so many useful features any pet owner will love to use this.
- It has four different types of filters.
- Can cover large area.
- Very effective to reduce smoke and pet odor.
- Operating cost is higher than many models.
- Does not include a true HEPA filter.
Next, as our third pick, we have got the Germ Guardian AC5250PT 3-in-1 air purifier. This is another great air purifier for pet hair and dander. This pet owner’s friendly air purifier comes with 3 types of filters to purify the air.
First of all, it has the true HEPA filter which is ideal to remove pet hairs and other small sized particles. This filter can capture 99.97% of all air pollutants. Then it has an activated carbon filter with odor reduction technology. Lastly, it has also a UV-C light system which will kill all the germs and bacteria floating in the air. With the power of these 3, you will get the best environment to breathe in.
Another great thing about this Germ Guardian air purifier is that along with the HEPA filter there is also Pet Pure Treatment feature. This is an antimicrobial agent that is added to the HEPA filter so that it can capture the odor-causing bacteria and can prevent the growth of mold.
The Germ Guardian AC5250PT has included a great design. The display panel is located on the top of the device that has made it more convenient to use. From here you can easily control the fan speed, set the timer and see the filter life. The design is simple and compact. It is a lightweight and can be adjusted anywhere in your house.
- Comes with 5 different fan speeds.
- Can effectively remove the pet hairs and odor.
- Coverage is not that good, only 193 square feet.
- Need to use multiple for larger space.
Next, on our list, we have got a not so popular brand the Ornasi air purifier. If you are not familiar with this brand we will like to inform you that the Ornasi OV200 is one of the best air purifiers for pet. It is a very powerful air purifier which will cost you less than $500. This is the air purifier which is going to give you the highest warranty period. Ten years of warranty. Can you believe this?
Among all the models of this brand, this particular model OV200 is really good for pet owners. It is an amazing air purifier that will solve all the problems related to your pet. This air purifier has got all the necessary features like the HEPA filter and the carbon filter.
The Oransi OV200 air purifier has an awesome remote control facility. With this, you can easily control the purifier from anywhere from your house. Moreover, it has also incorporated other advanced features like the auto mode, timer, and filter indicator. All of these features have made this air purifier a user-friendly air purifier.
This air purifier has a sleek design. It comes in small dimension for which it is easy to set up. You just need to plug it in. there is no additional complicated setup.
This is an ideal air purifier for your bedroom. Not only for pet owner but people who are suffering from nasal stuffiness this is a great option for them. With this air purifier, your room will smell cleaner and fresher.
- Highest warranty period.
- Very much effective and efficient.
- Though comes with a HEPA filter, it is not a true HEPA filter.
Next, as our fifth choice for the best air purifier for pets goes to the Winix 5300-2 air purifier. This is a modern air purifier with all the standard features. This air purifier comes with a great design which can be fitted into any house.
To make this air purifier pet-friendly it comes with a True HEPA filter along with a carbon-based pre-filter. This can remove all the large particles from the air easily like the pet hair. A true HEPA filter is capable to catch almost 99.97% of the air pollutants. The cleansing process takes part in 3 stages and these 3 stages cleaning clean all range of allergens from the air.
Moreover, the Winix 5300-2 air purifier has got a Plasma Wave Technology. This plasma wave will act as a permanent filter for this device which can break down the odor, chemical vapors and all other airborne molds. The Ionization system of the air purifier is also handled by this Plasma-wave technology. It creates both negative and positive ions which combine with the water vapor and then it destroy all kind of pollutants. Therefore, you can see it is a very powerful air purifier with all amazing technologies.
The Winix 5300-2 uses an auto mode system where it will automatically adjust the fan speed and will use the Smart Sensors. The Smart Sensor will identify the air quality and then it will change the fan speed according to the air condition. It has also a sleep mode option. The sleep mode option makes sure a silent environment when you are sleeping. One of the best things about this air purifier is people found this really quiet.
Lastly, the washable pre-filter needs to be cleaned in every three months. On the other hand, the permanent filters will last for up to one year.
- Really good for catching pet hair.
- Gives filter change alerts.
- Suitable for small room only.
- Short warranty period, only 1 year.
Next, in our air purifiers reviews we have got another Winix air purifier. This is the Winix WAC9500 Ultimate Pet air purifier with a true HEPA filter. From the name you can guess that this air purifier is specially designed for pet owners. So, if you are a pet owner and if you or your family members are having allergic reactions then this air purifier is a perfect choice for you.
The Winix WAC9500 air purifier has many useful functions. For example, it has air sensor, auto mode option, and some other amazing feature. The best thing about this air purifier is that it is a remote control air purifier. So for the lazy pet owners, it is a great option. You just can control your purifier from any spot in your room.
It obviously comes with a True HEPA filter that captures all the airborne particles. Along with that, it has a washable carbon filter which is great for eliminating the unpleasant smell. Just like our previous Winix model this air purifier also has the Plasma Wave Technology which neutralizes different air pollutants by creating positive and negative ions.
As this air purifier has washable filters this mean you have to clean it in every 2/3 months. While washing the filter is a little dirty thing to do but doing this you can increase the lifetime of the HEPA filter.
Lastly, we can say that it is a great air purifier and will be very much effective to remove pet odor and hair.
- Comes with five stages of air cleaning system.
- The auto mode is great.
- A little bit heavy.
- As it is bulky transferring it from one place to another is really hard.
The seventh air purifier to make it our list of Best Air Purifier for pets is the AeraMax 300. It is great looking air purifier for the pet the owners. It comes in a very flawless design with many filtering technologies. The price is also very reasonable, under$500.
The AeraMax 300 has four stage purification systems. Polluted air enters into the device and with all these four clearing stages it pumps fresh air in the room. The coverage area of this air purifier is good for a medium-sized room. It can cover up to 600 square feet.
This air purifier comes with a True HEPA air purifier along with an activated carbon filter. We all know that these two filters work best for pet related issues. Not only the pet lovers but also the non-pet lovers also love this air purifier.
With the AeraMax 300 you don’t have to worry at the night. There is hardly any noise if you set the settings at the lowest two. However, it makes a little noise from there.
There is a filter change indicator feature which will let you know when you have to change the HEPA and carbon filter. This feature is really necessary otherwise there can be serious damage to your device and that will cost you unnecessarily.
Overall, we can say that the AeraMax 300 is a good option for people who are suffering from allergic issues like dirt, dust, and pollen. Pet owners will be really benefited with this budget-friendly air purifier.
- Inexpensive with similar kind of performed air purifiers.
- Good for large space.
- Can efficiently remove small particles from the air.
- The indicator light cannot be switch off.
- Makes noise on higher settings.
The Levoit LV-PUR 131 is our 8th pick for the Best Air Purifier for pets. This is one of the best air purifiers for the pet owners from our list considering the price. This is most probably one of the cheapest air purifiers from all the reviews. This air purifier is designed mainly for springtime when there are more dust issues. Therefore, it is really good for the people who are suffering from different allergic issues.
If we want to talk about the design, the Levoit air purifier has a very stylish design. Most of the times when we see an inexpensive device we think the design won’t be not up to the mark, but this air purifier is different. The design is also very convenient for which you can easily carry out this purifier anywhere.
The Levoit LV-PUR 131 air purifier has both a True HEPA filter and also a carbon filter. This has made this air purifier strong enough to eliminate all the air pollutants from your house. Moreover, it has all the advanced features like auto mode, sleep mode, timer and an air quality sensor.
The filtration system goes through 3 stages and it can cover an area up to 322 square feet which are really great considering its price. If you want to use it for a large room you can use two of this.
Lastly, without any doubt, this is a great purchase option for someone who has a problem with pet hair and odor.
- Great value for money.
- Has a True HEPA filter, activated carbon filter and preliminary filter.
- Will need more filter replacements.
One of the best pet dander air purifiers from our list of best air purifier for pets is this amazing IQAir HealthPro Plus. Whereas most of the air purifiers of this brand are quite popular for its performance, this particular model is especially good for pet owners. This is a powerful and top quality air purifier. The reason for which it is not in the top of the list is its price. It is a very expensive air purifier, one of the highest from our list.
Though it is highly priced, there is no complaining about its performance. This air purifier includes a granulated activated carbon filter, alumina filter and obviously a true HEPA filter. There are individual filter segments for each filter. There are even different classes for the HEPA filter which changes according to the air condition.
The IQAir HealthPro has also a perfect design. It comes with a double-walled housing, vibration pad on the motor and for noise reducing there is a feature called ‘Even Flow”.
All we can say about this air purifier that it is a complete and perfect purchase for anyone. It purifies the air magically and gives you and your pet the best environment to live.
- Does not use any ionizer but still can work on micropollutants.
- Less noisy.
- High cost.
Our last pick for the Best Air Purifier for pets goes to an ion bases air purifier, the O-Ion B-1000 air purifier. Many of you may know that ion based air purifiers are really good when you suffering from little dirt all over your house. This air purifier is nothing exceptional. This is a really good air purifier that works amazing on allergens, dust, smoke and pet dander.
This air purifier comes also with a HEPA filter which has made it more powerful. It can purify an area up to 500 square feet or you can say a medium to large sized room. Moreover, it also has a carbon filter that reduces the bad smell from your room.
The O-Ion B-1000 has a quite attractive design. Whereas some users found the design simple yet good, some complained that it could have done a little better.
It has included a Whisper Quiet Purification fan and Night Light feature that will make sure that you are having a soundless and peaceful sleep at night.
Mainly, we can say that it is fantastic air purifiers for its amazing ionization technology. This air purifier will sanitize your room’s air and will give you a fresh and clean air.
- Has got UVGI technology that can kill microorganisms.
- Low energy consumption.
- Too small and lightweight for which it can be easily knocked over.
— Why Should Buy an Air Purifier —
There is no doubt that we love our pets, but at the same time, we cannot deny the fact for them some of us facing problems. Actually, it is not even their fault. They are furry and cute, and that cannot be a problem, right?
However, the main problem is there are certain elements that can be found in pet dander, saliva or in urine which is the reason for different allergies the pet hairs can create an environment in our house that can increase the growth of bacteria and viruses. Now for these reasons, many pet owners abandon their pet, which is really upsetting. This cannot be an option. Your pets are your family also and you cannot just abandon them for these reasons and therefore you need an air purifier.
Now if you are a pet owner but you don’t have any allergy issues which are also very common, you may think you don’t need an air purifier. However, there are some reasons why should you also get an air purifier.
- First of all, if you are having pet allergies then you must need to invest in a good air purifier for home. But, if you are someone who does not have in allergy problems even then you should go for one. Although you are not having it right now, there are chances you may have in future. There are many people who used to not have any problems initially but then they had. So, it is better to have it from the beginning, so you don’t have to face any problem for your furry friend.
- The second reason, you might not have any problem, but do you ever think of your friend who is not very used to with pets? We all have friends or family members who may be don’t like pets that much or have allergy problems. Therefore, you should use an air purification system so that not only you but your surrounding members don’t have to face any problems.
- Freshly smelled house is the best feeling that one can have after having a hectic day at outside. When you have pets in our house especially cats or dogs it is very common that they go outside for play and then come back dirty. For this reason, you can have an unpleasant smell in your house. No matter how quickly you wash them your house still gets dirty. To solve this problem the best solution is to use an air purifier, especially the ones with an activated carbon filter. A good carbon filter can eliminate the entire odor from your house and will create a fresh and clean environment to smell.
- Using an air purifier means you will need to do less cleaning. When you have pets in your house it requires daily cleaning, but if you use an air purifier then you will find that you don’t have to clean the house as you have to before. Ai purifiers are excellent to catch all the smallest dirt, dander and hair from the air and to create a fresh environment. Therefore, using an air purifier can also help you to save a lot of time by not spending much time for cleaning daily.
- Last but not the least, the main reason for which you should buy an air purifier is to have truly purified air. We cannot say more how important it is to have a clean and purify air to breathe. Most of our health problems occur because of polluted air. Therefore, it is very important that you have a nice clean indoor. Therefore, an air purifier for your home is a must. It is the best way you can breathe clean and safe in your house so that you and your pet friends live a healthy life.
— Things to Consider —
We have already talked about why it is so important to use a good air purifier for your home. We have also given you the top ten suggestions of air purifiers for pets. However, there is still something you need to consider while buying an air purifier. These things are really important whenever you are buying an air purifier, whatever the reason is.
- High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) Filter: If you look at the models mentioned as Best Air Purifiers for home you will see that almost all of them have included a HEPA filter. A true HEPA filter is the best way by which you can purify the air the most. It is the primary way to protect your house from the pet allergens. So, it is very important that you go for a HEPA filter included air purifier.
- Pre-Filter: When you are dealing with your indoor animals it is very important to have a pre-filter option. Most of the HEPA air purifiers also include a pre-filter which captures the large air particles like the pet hair. It is very important that you regularly clean this pre-filter. If not then there is huge chance the main filters cannot work properly.
- Carbon-filter: When talking about air purifier for pets then an activated carbon filter is utmost important to have. Maybe you don’t have allergy issues, but as a pet owner, it is very common to have pets stink in your house. To remove this nasty odor that comes from your pets using an air purifier with carbon filter is really helpful. It can reduce this unpleasant smell. One small tip will be, keep the litter box close to the air purifier, this will help you a lot.
- Filter Service Indicator: Go for an air purifier which has this feature. You may think it is not a must thing to be included in an air purifier, but we have found that many air purifiers have been damaged because the filters were not changed timely. Moreover, for this reason, later customers have to pay more for their device. Therefore, it is really a great advantage if your air purifier has the indicator light feature so that you will know the exact time to replace them or to clean them.
- Airflow: Intake of the polluted air and then releasing fresh air into the room, this whole process needs to be done very effectively. It is really important that the air purifier has completely processed through all the filters. There are some machines which unnecessarily recirculate air which is already been cleaned. More air circulation that’s why does not mean more efficiency. Therefore, don’t just fall for the air circulation number.
- Coverage: When you are having a pet in your house, they tend to roam all around your house. It is really tough to control them. Therefore, go for a high coverage air purifier. Even if your room is 500 square feet go for an extra, 700 square feet air purifier.
- Less Noise: Air purifier is a problem solver; don’t use one which can create another problem. There are some air purifiers which really perform well but produce a lot of noise. Most of our reviewed air purifiers are quiet in operation, so we will recommend you to go for any of these. Especially if you are setting the device at your bedroom it is very important to use a less noisy air purifier.
- Cheap Air Purifiers: Yes, there are some really good air purifiers which cost really low. But still, trying out a less expensive air purifier can be a little problematic later. But still, if you are in the budget then go for an ion based air purifier. Those are cheap and can perform really well.
—Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)—
- I wash my pet often and they don’t go outside. Do I still need to use an air purifier?
Yes, you do. The thing sometimes we don’t even realize that we are living in a polluted air. Pet dander and hairs can cause many health problems, you won’t discover just in one day. Therefore, it is always better to use an air purification system before having the problems.
- What is CADR?
CADR stands for Clean Air Delivery Report. It measures the efficiency of an air purifier. So when you are going to buy an air purifier go for a one, which has more CADR rating.
- Are there any side effects of using an air purifier?
No, there are no side effects. However, using an ozone-based air purifier can be harmful to use.
— Conclusion —
Our pet is as important as our other family members. While taking good care of them, it is also very important that you take care of your health also. Therefore, it is really important to use a well-performed air purifier for your house. There are many options available in the market when it comes to buying an air purifier. This writing was written so that you can find some relief and can go for the best ones. Having the right air purifier in your life can make your life healthier and fresher.
So, purchase one, cuddle your pet friends and have a healthy life.